[grisbi-devel] Grisbi 0.9.93 and check for This account cannot be negative

Jean-Luc Duflot jld78 at sfr.fr
Sat Nov 23 17:14:50 CET 2013

Hi Martin,

The fact is this point has been much discussed on the french mailing
list. The main point of view is a cash account reflects the content of a
purse, which keeps only coins and banknotes. So it cannot be negative,
never. In your example, you modify an amount which makes the balance
negative, but this transaction is not real. Before doing this, you might
write a positive transaction so that the balance will stay positive or
nul. It's exactly what can only happen in a purse.

Jean-Luc