[grisbi-devel] Data Model for *.gsb files?

Barrie Treloar baerrach at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 06:40:18 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Barrie Treloar <baerrach at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll fiddle with the wiki page to add missing descriptions and also
> try to group attributes into their own section.

I've just copy and pasted the attributes into Excel to see whether
they are consistent.

Here is what I found.

Bet_historical has an attribute "AC" which looks like it should be the
account number.
XML attributes are case sensitive, is this a typo in the wiki and
should be "Ac"?
I don't have a grisbi file with this value in it to make any decision.

Currency and Bank both have "Co" as an attribute.
The examples have Currency = "€" and Bank = "204.1442887" which look
like different types.
There is no text description of the Co attributes.
Can someone describe what the attribute should be for these entries?

Reconcile, Import_rule, Partial_balance all have an "Acc" field which
looks like the foreign key to the "Ac" account number.
The Partial_balance entry has an example of Acc="1;2".
I'm not familiar enough with this to know whether having multiple
accounts make sense.

Financial_year and bet both have attributes "Bdte".
The examples have
Financial_year Bdte="1/01/2007"
bet Bdte="1"
Where bet's description says "Default Options for the creation of an
account start date (1 = first day of the month 2 = date) Note: Bdte is
a general option for all accounts."
I'm assuming that Financial_year Bdte only supports dates.

Currency and Transaction look like they both have an Exchange Rate but
they use different attribute names, "Ex" and "Exr".

Currency and Currency_link both have an "Fl" field.
What does Currency's attribute mean as it doesn't make sense for it to
be "FixedLink ( 1=Fixed rate between two currencies)"

Thanks
Barrie