[grisbi-bugs] Missing symbol for libz on macOS Mojave and HBCI support

Martin Müller mail at mueller-martin.net
Lun 20 Avr 12:45:10 CEST 2020

Hi,

I wanted to test the latest version of Grisbi on macOS Mojave, but after installation the program does not start and shows no error message.

If I manually start the application via a shell (/Applications/Grisbi.app/Contents/MacOS/Grisbi), following error is shown:

> dyld: Symbol not found: _inflateValidate
>   Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib
>   Expected in: /Applications/Grisbi.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libz.1.dylib
>  in /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib
> Abort trap: 6

Apparently, the shipped version of libz is incompatible with the version of libPNG from the system.

If I replace the shipped version of libz with the system's version, the applications starts.

Workaround from a similar issue on GitHub [1]:
> cp /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib /Applications/Grisbi.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libz.1.dylib

System information:
Grisbi: 1.0.0 (from the website)
macOS: 10.14.6 (macOS Mojave)

Also another (unrelated) question: Is there support for HBCI?
The NEWS file on GitHub [2] states "HBCI support through the aqbanking plugin", but I couldn't find any menu or setting or more information about this plugin. Is this feature still available and should it work on macOS?

Cheers,
Martin

[1]: https://github.com/pioneerspacesim/pioneer/issues/4181
[2]: https://github.com/grisbi/grisbi/blob/400f2463747625db57217f675adc4b280e79f6e1/NEWS