[grisbi-bugs] Missing symbol for libz on macOS Mojave and HBCI support

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at free.fr
Lun 20 Avr 19:06:24 CEST 2020

Le 20/04/2020 à 12:45, Martin Müller a écrit :
> Hi,

Hello,

> I wanted to test the latest version of Grisbi on macOS Mojave, but after installation the program does not start and shows no error message.
>
> If I manually start the application via a shell (/Applications/Grisbi.app/Contents/MacOS/Grisbi), following error is shown:
>
>> dyld: Symbol not found: _inflateValidate
>>    Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib
>>    Expected in: /Applications/Grisbi.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libz.1.dylib
>>   in /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib
>> Abort trap: 6
>
> Apparently, the shipped version of libz is incompatible with the version of libPNG from the system.
>
> If I replace the shipped version of libz with the system's version, the applications starts.
>
> Workaround from a similar issue on GitHub [1]:
>> cp /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib /Applications/Grisbi.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libz.1.dylib
>

> System information:
> Grisbi: 1.0.0 (from the website)
> macOS: 10.14.6 (macOS Mojave)

Grisbi version 1.0.0 is a (very) old version.
The current stable version is 1.2.2. You can get it from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grisbi/files/grisbi%20stable/1.2.x/1.2.2/

> Also another (unrelated) question: Is there support for HBCI?
> The NEWS file on GitHub [2] states "HBCI support through the aqbanking plugin", but I couldn't find any menu or setting or more information about this plugin. Is this feature still available and should it work on macOS?

No idea.
The aqbanking plugin you reference was added in Grisbi 0.6. An even older version of Grisbi.
Maybe this plugin has been removed since then.