[grisbi-user] How do Financial Years work

Pierre Biava pierre.biava at nerim.net
Mon Jan 20 20:28:09 CET 2014

Barrie Treloar écrivait le 17/01/2014 01:05 :

hi,

> I've configured a financial year in the preferences.
>
> In the transaction form I can see no option to set the financial year.
> http://wiki.grisbi.org/doku.php?id=docs_en:transactions says this
> should be on this form.

To use the financial years you must set in the preferences form (tab
"Transactions list cells") the button "financial years"

> Why do I need to specify the value when it should be auto-calculated
> based on the start/end dates used in defining the financial year?
>
> In the preferences there is the button "Associate operations without
> financial years" but I've been reluctant to press it.

You must click this button to initialize the exercises in existing
transactions. Then they will be  automatically created in the future
transactions

> So far I can work around this by using custom dates, but it would be a
> lot simpler to just use current/former financial years...
>
> Anyone have some recommendations?

The financial years must be created in the preferences before use

best regards