[grisbi-user] How do Financial Years work

Barrie Treloar baerrach at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 01:05:32 CET 2014

I've configured a financial year in the preferences.

In the transaction form I can see no option to set the financial year.
http://wiki.grisbi.org/doku.php?id=docs_en:transactions says this
should be on this form.

Why do I need to specify the value when it should be auto-calculated
based on the start/end dates used in defining the financial year?

In the preferences there is the button "Associate operations without
financial years" but I've been reluctant to press it.

So far I can work around this by using custom dates, but it would be a
lot simpler to just use current/former financial years...

Anyone have some recommendations?