[grisbi-devel] Building Grisbi on Mac OS Lion?

Barrie Treloar baerrach at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 00:37:24 CET 2012

I've been a Java programmer for the last 10+ years.

My C/make skills have atrophied over those years, I still remember
enough to be dangerous, not sure about useful.

I'm also very new to Macs.  I only got this MacBook Air because it is
so light weight and great for hacking on the bus.

So forgive me for the newbie questions please.

Question 1)
INSTALL says
"Requirements:

 - GTK 2.2, 2.10 is needed to be able to print
 - libofx (optional)

Installation steps:

 - ./configure --prefix=/path/to/install/grisbi
 - make
 - make install
"

How do I verify whether I have GTK installed properly?
Is GTK+ the same thing? http://www.gtk.org/download/macos.php

Question 2)
There is more configure file.
I ran ./autogen.sh instead hoping it would create one.
It seems to fail.
Here is the output.

> ./autogen.sh
automake and autoconf are installed
glibtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
glibtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
glibtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
glibtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4'
glibtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4'
glibtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4'
glibtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4'
glibtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
./autogen.sh: line 76: intltoolize: command not found
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4
configure.in:46: warning: macro `AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
autoreconf: configure.in: tracing
autoreconf: running: glibtoolize --copy --force
glibtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
glibtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
glibtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
glibtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4'
glibtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4'
glibtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4'
glibtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4'
glibtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
configure.in:46: warning: macro `AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
configure.in:46: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

The configure script was successfully created.
To compile Grisbi, please run :
        ./configure
        make
	      make install