[grisbi-devel] RE : Building Grisbi on Mac OS Lion?

Barrie Treloar baerrach at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 22:27:46 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM, GĂ©rald Niel
<gerald.niel+spam at gegeweb.invalid> wrote:
> I've only this in my .jhbuildrc-custom :
> moduleset =
> "http://www.grisbi.org/download/sources/jhbuild/modulesets/grisbi.modules"
>
> You can also put grisbi.modules in ~/Source/jhbuild/modulset
>
> But it's better to use the first because if I make a change you'll
> don't need to re-download the file.

Ok.

>> The question then is, as the sources appear to go in ~/gtk/source how
>> do you work with git to provide patches (that is another question I
>> was getting to anyway, since source forge doesn't seem to have a fork
>> option like github which I'm more used to working with)
>
> If you want we can add you in the developper team at sourceforge.
> After you will be able to commit your changes.

I won't say no, my sf username is barrie

But its a bit of overkill for someone who at most is going to supply
minor patches.
I'm still new to git, but one of its benefits it being able to pull
from other git repositories so that you don't have to have people like
me with direct commit access. I thought that was the point of remote
repositories and forking...

>> And there is a grisbi-gtk3 option but there are lots of warnings about
>> gtk3 and Lion.
>> Which version do you recommend I work with?
>
> grisbi is the stable production version based on tarball
> grisbi-testing is the devel version based on tarball too for testing
> grisbi-devel is the devel version based on the head of git
> grisbi-gtk3 is the devel version based on the gtk3 branch.
>
> Currently I use the grisbi-devel.
> grisbi-gtk3 is for testing the code gtk3 ready before to push it in
> head. It works with the latest gtk2 version.

Ok, grisbi-devel it is.

>> p.s. Once I have all this sorted is it work writing this up somewhere
>> for the next noob to take advantage of?
>
> You're welcome ! :-)
> On the wiki : <http://wiki.grisbi.org/doku.php>

How do I edit pages?
I can't see any register or login links.