[grisbi-devel] RE : Building Grisbi on Mac OS Lion?

Gérald Niel gerald.niel+spam at gegeweb.invalid
Fri Feb 3 08:08:24 CET 2012

Le Jeudi 02 février 2012 à 10:09 UTC, Barrie Treloar écrivait sur
grisbi.devel :

> I really appreciate the help.
> It looks like after adding the following to ~/.jhbuild-custom
> moduleset=os.environ['HOME'] + '/ide/finance/grisbi.mac/grisbi.modules'
>
> I can just run
> jhbuild build grisbi
>
> Which behaved differently than
> not having module set in ~/.jhbuild-custom and running
> jhbuild -m grisbi.modules build
>
> Without it doesn't pull anything down.
> With it added to module set it will pull down the grisbi source and
> build it for me.

I've only this in my .jhbuildrc-custom :
moduleset =
"http://www.grisbi.org/download/sources/jhbuild/modulesets/grisbi.modules"

You can also put grisbi.modules in ~/Source/jhbuild/modulset

But it's better to use the first because if I make a change you'll
don't need to re-download the file.

> The question then is, as the sources appear to go in ~/gtk/source how
> do you work with git to provide patches (that is another question I
> was getting to anyway, since source forge doesn't seem to have a fork
> option like github which I'm more used to working with)

If you want we can add you in the developper team at sourceforge.
After you will be able to commit your changes.

> And there is a grisbi-gtk3 option but there are lots of warnings about
> gtk3 and Lion.
> Which version do you recommend I work with?

grisbi is the stable production version based on tarball
grisbi-testing is the devel version based on tarball too for testing
grisbi-devel is the devel version based on the head of git
grisbi-gtk3 is the devel version based on the gtk3 branch.

Currently I use the grisbi-devel.
grisbi-gtk3 is for testing the code gtk3 ready before to push it in
head. It works with the latest gtk2 version.

> p.s. Once I have all this sorted is it work writing this up somewhere
> for the next noob to take advantage of?

You're welcome ! :-)
On the wiki : <http://wiki.grisbi.org/doku.php>

@+
--
On ne le dira jamais assez, l'anarchisme, c'est l'ordre sans le
gouvernement ; c'est la paix sans la violence. C'est le contraire