[grisbi-devel] RE : Building Grisbi on Mac OS Lion?

Barrie Treloar baerrach at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 11:09:42 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Gérald Niel
<gerald.niel+spam at gegeweb.invalid> wrote:
> Le Jeudi 02 février 2012 à 04:19 UTC, Barrie Treloar écrivait sur
> grisbi.devel :
>
>> Looks like I don't need to separately install intltool and get text as
>> the grisbi.modules will pull that down and install it into
>> ~/gtk/inst/bin.
>
> Yes, all is needeed for gtk instaled in the gtk-osx path.
>
>> So I followed the gtk instructions.
>> Downloaded grsibi.modules
>> Ran jhbuild -m ~/Downloads/grisbi.modules build
>> and then in the grisbi src directory ran ./autogen.sh
>> Then followed the INSTALL instructions.
>>
>> I was able to run the /usr/local/bin/grisbi that got installed.
>
> Before you need to build the bundle with gtk-mac-bundle.
> You can see instruction here :
> http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/OSX/Bundling
> I've put all you need to build Grisbi.app with gtk-mac-bundle here :
> <http://www.grisbi.org/download/sources/osx_bundle/>
>
> Put all the file in the same folder.
> Launch gtk-osx shell (jhbuild shell) in this folder.
> And make : gtk-osx-bundle grisbi.bundle

Ok.
I really appreciate the help.
It looks like after adding the following to ~/.jhbuild-custom
moduleset=os.environ['HOME'] + '/ide/finance/grisbi.mac/grisbi.modules'

I can just run
jhbuild build grisbi

Which behaved differently than
not having module set in ~/.jhbuild-custom and running
jhbuild -m grisbi.modules build

Without it doesn't pull anything down.
With it added to module set it will pull down the grisbi source and
build it for me.

I noticed in the module set multiple grisbi options to use.
I think I want grisbi-devel so that I am working off the git main line.

The question then is, as the sources appear to go in ~/gtk/source how
do you work with git to provide patches (that is another question I
was getting to anyway, since source forge doesn't seem to have a fork
option like github which I'm more used to working with)

And there is a grisbi-gtk3 option but there are lots of warnings about
gtk3 and Lion.
Which version do you recommend I work with?

Thanks.
p.s. Once I have all this sorted is it work writing this up somewhere
for the next noob to take advantage of?