[grisbi-devel] RE : Building Grisbi on Mac OS Lion?

Gérald Niel gerald.niel+spam at gegeweb.invalid
Thu Feb 2 07:56:52 CET 2012

Le Jeudi 02 février 2012 à 04:19 UTC, Barrie Treloar écrivait sur
grisbi.devel :

> Looks like I don't need to separately install intltool and get text as
> the grisbi.modules will pull that down and install it into
> ~/gtk/inst/bin.

Yes, all is needeed for gtk instaled in the gtk-osx path.

> So I followed the gtk instructions.
> Downloaded grsibi.modules
> Ran jhbuild -m ~/Downloads/grisbi.modules build
> and then in the grisbi src directory ran ./autogen.sh
> Then followed the INSTALL instructions.
>
> I was able to run the /usr/local/bin/grisbi that got installed.
>
> I know nothing about Macs, so if someone could share the instructions
> for creating the *.dmg file or the proper Mac app layout for bundling
> that would be great.

Before you need to build the bundle with gtk-mac-bundle.
You can see instruction here :
http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/OSX/Bundling
I've put all you need to build Grisbi.app with gtk-mac-bundle here :
<http://www.grisbi.org/download/sources/osx_bundle/>

Put all the file in the same folder.
Launch gtk-osx shell (jhbuild shell) in this folder.
And make : gtk-osx-bundle grisbi.bundle

To build a .dmg you only need creat a new folder, put all the file
into it and make the dmg with the Disk Utility in the Utility
Applications folder.

I don't know what is exactly the menu choice in english.
Translation from the french menu is :
File -> New -> Image disc from folder.

I also put some files in the source tarball. But i think they aren't
out of date. You can find these in the contrib folder.

@+
--
On ne le dira jamais assez, l'anarchisme, c'est l'ordre sans le
gouvernement ; c'est la paix sans la violence. C'est le contraire