[grisbi-devel] Stable Release?

Cory coryhilliard at ymail.com
Fri Sep 23 02:05:12 CEST 2011

Hello there, I just installed Grisbi v8.8 in Fedora 14

To install I did this:

Downloaded Grisbi 8.8 from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/grisbi/files/grisbi%20stable/0.8.x/
(btw, I don't think urls should be using spaces but whatever)

Drop to command line:
yum install glib2-devel gtk2-devel
tar -xvjf grisbi-0.8.8.tar.bz2
cd grisbi-0.8.8
./configure
make
make install

Open Grisbi
Select File >> Import file...
This assistant will help you import one or several files into Grisbi.

Grisbi will try to do its best to guess which format are imported, but you
may have to manually set them in the list of next page.  So far, the
following formats are supported:

	• Comma Separated Values (CSV)
	• Quicken Interchange Format (QIF)

>> Option only allows for CSV and QIF

When I select All Files and choose a OFX file I get this:

Error !

No file has been imported, please double check that they are valid files.
Please make sure that they are not compressed and that their format is
valid.

OFX is a known standard that was supported in Grisbi 6.0 and therefore why
I use it and not 8.7 or 8.8

I hope this helps

-Cory