[grisbi-devel] probleme import QIF

Barrie Treloar baerrach at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 09:37:12 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Antoine Pardigon
<antoine.pardigon at m4x.org> wrote:
>>> depuis la versions 0.8.7 (mises à jour suite sid debian et je n'avais
>>> pas fait mes comptes depuis passage en 0.8.x), j'ai un souci d'import de
>>> fichier QIF que je n'avais pas en version 0.6.x

I'm on windows so stuck on Version 0.5.9.

You'll have to hope someone else can enlighten us.

>>> toutes les lignes budgétaires taguées 'Carte' sont zappées (donc plus
>>> d'import possible de mon fichier de carte bleue)
>>>
>>> exemple:
>>> ^
>>> D24/05/2011
>>> T-777.77
>>> NCarte
>>> PDEBIT MENSUEL CARTE PREMIER X
>>> MDEBIT MENSUEL CARTE PREMIER XXXX   ^
>>
>> "N" is a check or card reference number, not a budget line.
>> Isn't P (Payee) the budget line?
>>

> in the files exported by my bank (Société Générale), the "N" item is
> either "Virement" (transfer), "Prélvmt" (standing order ?), "Carte"
> (transfer to/from my credit card account, or all items on the credit
> card account) or empty.
>
> The problem for me is that in previous versions of grisbi, all entries
> from the qif file exported by my bank were imported, and now there is a
> problem with some of these items.

Do you know where the N field previously mapped to inside Grisbi.

Personally I have to "cleanse" my bank downloads so that I can
automate some of tedium of categorising fields.
If you are feeling brave, you can try to use the java program that I
wrote to do so.
    http://qifcon.sourceforge.net/
It works for me :) but I'm the only one using it.

You may be forced to remap the N field to something else.