[grisbi-devel] Problem

D Lauriston Elliott dlelliott99 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 16:38:16 CET 2011

Dear Sir;

I am trying to open a QIF bank file with Grisbi. I get an error message
saying that the program cannot parse the file. The first character in the
first line should be something like <book>, I am not sure what that means.
As it stands now, the first four lines read (when opened with OpenOffice
Writer):

!Type:Bank
D9/1'4
U0.00
T0.00

I used Quicken 2001 running under wine originally to work with QIF. A
"friend" has gotten very aggressive about wine and I assume has
intentionally corrupted all my financial data. Is there a correction I can
make to this file using OpenOffice Writer?

Thank you.

DLE