[grisbi-bugs] [Grisbi 0002063]: Understanding branches/releases versions

Grisbi Bug Tracker bugtracker at grisbi.org
Mar 27 Oct 11:46:49 CET 2020

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
https://www.grisbi.org/bugsreports/view.php?id=2063
Reported By:                ebo
Assigned To:
Project:                    Grisbi
Issue ID:                   2063
Category:                   Main
Reproducibility:            N/A
Severity:                   trivial
Date Submitted:             2020-10-27 11:46 CET
Last Modified:              2020-10-27 11:46 CET
I have trouble understanding how Grisbi version work, or what they mean.

Indeed, there seem to be many open branches/tags, with what looks like different
“streams” of development:

- 1.0.x
- 1.2.x
- 1.3.0
- 1.9.x

and I am a bit lost regarding what they mean (e.g. both ongoing development and
stable versions seem to be tracked on `master` etc.).

Would you be so kind as to provide a kick-start guide (e.g. in the
https://github.com/grisbi/grisbi/wiki) on which does what?

---

I believe trimming dead branches and using a changelog
(https://keepachangelog.com/en/1.0.0/) could be a great improvement, but I
understand it takes time and might not be your priority.

Similarly, following the “successful Git branching model”
(https://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/) or GitHub flow one
(https://guides.github.com/introduction/flow/) could also help — but, again,
you guys are doing all the hard work, so I wouldn't want to appear criticising
while I have had no input whatsoever.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change