[grisbi-bugs] [Grisbi-0.6.0 0001180]: Transaction currency rate 'brakes' currency rate for file.

Grisbi Bug Tracker bugtracker at grisbi.org
Sun Oct 10 07:42:11 CEST 2010

The following issue has been ASSIGNED.
http://grisbi.tuxfamily.org/mantis/view.php?id=1180
Reported By:                piper
Assigned To:                pbiava
Project:                    Grisbi-0.6.0
Issue ID:                   1180
Category:                   Main
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2010-10-09 22:50 UTC
Last Modified:              2010-10-10 05:42 UTC
I have multiple account with multiple currencies (4: PLN,EUR,DKK,USD). I've
created a budget summary (main screen in options) that includes all accounts and
currency link rates for all rates to my base currency. After that the summary
line displays ok.
When I enter a transaction converting base currency to one of the others a new
rate is calculated (a long float), this rate 'breaks' the link currency rate, as
it is always much longer the definition rate (0.00 while the transaction rate
can be 0.000000) this causes the summary line to display ##err##..

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create 2 currency accounts
2. Set up currency link rate (two floating point)
3. enter starting balance >0
4. set up a summery line including both accounts
5. enter transaction converting one currency to the other (transfer) - amount
for amount, resulting in a float for currency rate ex 99 to 400
6. summery line will display error

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change