[grisbi-bugs] [Grisbi-0.6.0 0001087]: Bad UI behavior in Payee field when entering transactions

bugtracker at grisbi.org bugtracker at grisbi.org
Wed May 19 05:18:35 CEST 2010

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://grisbi.tuxfamily.org/mantis/view.php?id=1087
Reported By:                Richard42
Assigned To:
Project:                    Grisbi-0.6.0
Issue ID:                   1087
Category:                   Main
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             05-19-2010 03:18 UTC
Last Modified:              05-19-2010 03:18 UTC
I just updated to 0.6.0rc2 from the previous stable Grisbi version in
Gentoo.  Overall the UI is nicer, but there are a couple of serious
regressions regarding the Payee field which cause frustration while
entering transactions.

1.  If I'm entering a new transaction and typing the name of an
already-known payee, the box will automatically fill in with the most
likely Payee matching the letters that I've already typed.  A drop-down box
will show all of the matching Payees below.  The problem is this: if I hit
'tab' to choose the Payee which is already auto-filled into the box, it
replaces that Payee with some random one which doesn't even match what I've
already typed.  In order to select the desired Payee, I must press the
down-arrow to select the desired Payee from the list of all possibilities,
then hit 'tab' when the desired one is highlighted.  This is a regression;
in the previous version of Grisbi this worked properly.

2.  A similar (maybe the same bug) is even worse for transactions with new
Payees.  If I'm entering a transaction with a new Payee, the only way that
I have found to actually enter the information is to type the complete name
of the new Payee, then press Enter (closing the transaction entry box),
then re-select the transaction in the log by double clicking with the
mouse, then fill out the rest of the information.  I should just be able to
hit 'tab' and continue filling out the transaction details.  But when I do
this, Grisbi again overwrites the Payee that I just typed in with a
seemingly randomly selected one.  This is very frustrating.

Thanks for the great Free software, I do like Grisbi better than the other
personal finance apps that I've tried.  But these UI problems are making me
pull my hair out. :)

Issue History
Date Modified   Username       Field                    Change
05-19-10 03:18  Richard42      New Issue
05-19-10 03:18  Richard42      Plateforme                => Linux
05-19-10 03:18  Richard42      OS                        => Gentoo
05-19-10 03:18  Richard42      Version OS                => AMD64 stable
05-19-10 03:18  Richard42      Unstable Impact           => Yes
05-19-10 03:18  Richard42      Version GTK               => 2.18.7