[grisbi-user] Grisbi for Mac

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 16:37:49 CET 2019

Le mar. 12 févr. 2019 à 13:51, Leslie Katz <lesliek at mymts.net> a écrit :
> Dear Ludovic,

Hello,n

> Thank you very much for taking the trouble to reply to my message.
>
> Running the "file" command got me exactly the result you predicted.
>
> However, when I search "Applications" in "System Information", Grisbi is
> not listed. I don't know much about Macs, so don't know whether I should
> expect to find it there.

Grisbi is not listed here for me as well.

> Further, when I search "Legacy Software" in "System Information", Grisbi
> is listed. I attach a screenshot showing that outcome. Everything I've
> read insists that legacy software will not run under the next major
> upgrade of the Mac OS.

Grisbi is not listed in "Legacy Software" for me. And I never got the
warning message when running Grisbi.

> There seems to be an inconsistency between the outcome of the "file"
> command and the list of legacy software.

I agree.

> Naturally, I'm troubled by that inconsistency. If my wife were to
> upgrade her OS and thereby lose access to Grisbi and all her existing
> Grisbi data, she'd be very upset, as you can imagine!
>
> I'd be very grateful for any further light you can throw on this.

I don't know how to add or remove an entry in the "Applications" or
"Legacy Software".

I also checked on another macOS system and Grisbi is not listed in any
category as well. And no warning message on startup.

I propose you to just ignore the warning message.

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau