[grisbi-user] Search functionallity

Barrie Treloar baerrach at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 23:41:14 CET 2013

On 11 December 2013 22:51, Rainer <rgpb at online.de> wrote:
> On 27.08.2012 21:21, Radek wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> is there any search functionality in my expenses?
>>
>> Thanks for reply.
>>
>> Radek
>>
> According to the (french) manual, there is no special search, but you may
> - sort the respective column and then do the binary search yourself
> - use the lists of recipients, categories etc in a similar way
> - define a new query
>
> This may be sufficient for basic needs, but I would also vote for
> an incremental search (within an account) for all fields.

You're welcome to attempt to provide a patch!

I think I end up using vi and search.
Which does mean you need to understand the internal model to know what
the xml tags mean.
Once you've found the date, you can go back into Grisbi to find that
record as that is quicker than manually do the many lookups needed to
turn the codes into values.