[grisbi-user] Difference of import options

Barrie Treloar baerrach at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 22:29:24 CEST 2012

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 4:38 AM, Gérald Niel
<gerald.niel+spam at gegeweb.invalid> wrote:
> Le Lundi 03 septembre 2012 à 11:27 UTC, Gudrun écrivait sur
> grisbi.user :
>
>> Thanks for your fast answer. I wonder what "Mark transaction" means?
>
> That's for the balance (in french it is "rapprochement") between the
> bank and Grisbi.
> I don't know how to explain this in english or german. ;-)

This might be the same as "reconcile" and manually marking transactions...
I dont know, since I upload the qif file into Grisbi as the source of
transactions.
If perhaps I manually created transactions and then uploaded the qif I
could use mark transactions it might help reconcile them...
I manually reconcile against the paper statements I receive.

Both the qif and paper statements are bank generated anyway. Its not
like I have an accounting package for personal use where I can manual
track every transaction against my home loan or credit card anyway, so
I can not see a need for this option for me.

If you are really curious, you could look at the source or fiddle with
the program and see what it does.