[grisbi-user] Batch Process for Category

Barrie Treloar baerrach at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 05:41:48 CET 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 8:14 PM, malcolm <malcolm at notyourhomework.net> wrote:
> Prompted by your message I went to your web site and looked through the
> documentation. I also opened the grisbi file with a text editor. I hadn't
> thought it would be text, imagined the file would be binary. That seems
> the easiest route for me as I'm quite happy using grep and the
> replacements are quite simple.

Yep.

I wrote the program, since I do the same replacements every month when
I download my bank statement in qif format.
It was easier to pre-process the data before loading into Grisbi than
doing it afterwards.

One day i might get around to putting a GUI on the front but it does
the job well enough for my needs so far.