[grisbi-user] Specifying account name in QIF import file

Martin Stromberger mstromberger at aon.at
Sat Jan 24 12:14:50 CET 2009

Barrie Treloar wrote:
> I have tried the following:
>
> !Account
> NHomeLoad
> TBank
> ^
> !Type:Bank
>
> But the import dialog still lists name as "Imported account with no name"
>
> Finding examples and details on the qif format is like hens teeth.
>
> Any grisbi experts know what I need to specify?
> Thanks

Hi,
Description of QIF Format
a) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QIF (general description)
b) http://web.intuit.com/support/quicken/docs/d_qif.html (detailed
description)

Specifying account name in QIF import file
Well this does not work in grisbi. In the description of the QIF format
is for account informations (including name)
a section with "!Account" requiered (see example below). The QIF import
of grisbi does not handle this section (I've checked the sources for
QIF-Import).