[grisbi-devel] Grisbi on macOS via MacPorts

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Mon Mar 7 17:24:01 CET 2022

Hi:

I contribute a bit to the MacPorts project.  MacPorts has had a very old version of Grisbi available for many years.  Just recently, I updated it to Grisbi 2.0.x.  Grisbi build fine and the basic functions all work but I noticed certain issues.  No Help.  I had to Import Categories. Etc.  Using the File Debug option, I think I see the issue.  The following is part of the log file that was created:

Paths
	user_default_dir             = /Users/craigtreleaven
	user_data_dir                = /Users/craigtreleaven/Library/Application Support/Grisbi/data
	user_config_dir              = /Users/craigtreleaven/Library/Application Support/Grisbi/config

	G_USER_DIRECTORY_DOCUMENTS   = /Users/craigtreleaven/Documents
	G_USER_DIRECTORY_DOWNLOAD    = /Users/craigtreleaven/Downloads

	categories_dir               = (null)
	locale_dir                   = (null)
	pixmaps_dir                  = (null)
	help_dir                     = (null)
	ui_dir                       = (null)

As was done in the past, Gribi is installed to use an X11 interface but not gtk_mac_integration.   This build of Grisbi is not installed into a Mac application bundle.  MacPorts typically installs in a ‘unix’ fashion but under a separate prefix to avoid clashing with command line software supplied by Apple with the OS.  The default MacPorts prefix is /opt/local and the following shows the contents of /opt/local on my machine:

$ ls -l /opt/local
total 0
drwxr-xr-x    4 root   128 Mar  3  2021 Library
drwxr-xr-x    6 root   192 Oct 20  2017 apache2
drwxr-xr-x 1760 root 56320 Mar  6 11:42 bin
drwxr-xr-x   37 root  1184 Mar  1 13:43 etc
drwxr-xr-x  577 root 18464 Mar  6 09:37 include
drwxr-xr-x 1538 root 49216 Mar  6 09:37 lib
drwxr-xr-x   46 root  1472 Mar  1 13:44 libexec
lrwxr-xr-x    1 root     9 Mar  3  2021 man -> share/man
drwxr-xr-x   32 root  1024 Mar  1 13:44 sbin
drwxr-xr-x  133 root  4256 Mar  6 11:42 share
drwxr-xr-x    9 root   288 Jul 25  2021 var
drwxr-xr-x    2 root    64 Jul 20  2020 www

So the grisbi binary is installed in /opt/local/bin and categories are in /opt/local/share/grisbi/categories, etc but the as-built binary doesn’t know that.

Is there a configure flag that I can use indicate where the categories, help, etc are going to be installed?  I only know the basics of Autotools so pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig