[grisbi-devel] Building on the Mac

Barrie Treloar baerrach at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 04:48:56 CET 2015

On 12 December 2015 at 23:40, Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I should be the author of these modifications of the README.
> Attached are the 2 patches for homebrew I used at the time.
>
> I have not (re)build grisbi since a long time.
> Maybe the homebrew patches needs to be updated.

You will be please to know that the latest homebrew formulas have those
patches in them.

I have a whole bunch of different problems, mostly due to an old jhbuild
environment.
After deleting ~/.jhbuildrc* and  ~/gtk and starting again I got further.

I dont have everything working yet so I dont know the steps needed to fix
it.

So far I needed to run
$ brew install autoconf
$ brew install automake
$ brew install intltool
$ autoreconf --install --symlink -I/usr/local/MacGPG2/share/aclocal/
(as gettext nlm.m4 are in that directory)

My PATH already included /usr/local/MacGPG2/bin which had gettext in it, so
I did not need to do some of the other instructions)

I needed to patch gtk-quartz-engine with
http://xpra.org/trac/attachment/ticket/533/quartz-style-fix.patch

Now when I run ./configure the output at the end indicates that it is not
using gtk_mac_integration:
                Build with libxml2:        yes
                Build with OpenSSL:        yes
                Build with OFX plugin:     yes