[grisbi-devel] Github mirror

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Thu Apr 10 20:10:31 CEST 2014

Hi Ludovic,

Le jeudi 10 avril 2014 à 09:05 +0200, Ludovic Rousseau a écrit :
> If SourceForge is not usable for git why not just move to github as
> the official git repository?
> The project can continue using sourceforge for distributing archives.

The git server works fine, AFAICT. It's all the extra tools offered by
SF that are literally crumbling apart.

Though Github removed the ability to host arbitrary binary files, it has
added the possibility to link binary files to tags, so we could host
tarballs and windows/mac executables on Github too.

https://help.github.com/articles/creating-releases

But going down that path isn't my decision and I don't feel we
*absolutely* need to move to Github. I'll gladly let everyone weigh in
on this before doing anything else (other than pushing new commits) with
the Github repository.

Cheers

Rémi