[grisbi-devel] Github mirror
remi at gentoo.org
Thu Apr 10 00:23:14 CEST 2014
I'm happy to announce I have finished setting up a mirror of the main
grisbi (code) git repository over on Github. This is a manually updated
mirror of the official repository that is still hosted on SourceForge.
The update procedure consists of:
- "git clone --mirror" of the SF repository,
- "git remote update" to fetch new commits/tags/branches from SF,
- "git push" (in mirror mode) to update all references on Github.
I will most likely set up a cronjob on my server to have it run every
hour or so.
Now as to why I created this:
- to gain (some) visibility on a popular website,
- to hopefully gain new users and new contributors using Github's
now-ubiquitous tools: one-click forks and pull requests (though for now
we *will* have to merge/cherry-pick Github contributions manually)
- in the past couple of days, I have been sorely disappointed with
SourceForge's utterly broken code browser. So the Github mirror will
also serve as a convenient browsing tool.
I did disable Github's bug tracker to prevent fragmentation of bugs in
I'll gladly add anyone from the dev team to the Grisbi organization I
created, though right now it serves little purpose.
More information about the devel