[grisbi-devel] Goffice major dependency and linking error

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Mon Jan 14 22:56:25 CET 2013

Le lundi 14 janvier 2013 à 09:14 -0800, Shapeshifter910 a écrit :
> Same here.
> I was just about to compile 1.1.1 in my Slackware Linux when the
> dependency poped up.
> Too bad. I had to stop.
> I will not use software that has Gnome dependencies.
> Grisbi is now off my list of software to use.

The goffice dependency only pulls in libgsf. All the other libraries
both libgsf and goffice use are already dependencies of gtk+ (gobject,
cairo, etc) and it does not pull any gnome-esque dependencies.

Although I am not involved in the goffice parts of grisbi, it looks like
it provides reasonably useful graphing/plotting features.

Cheers,

Rémi