[grisbi-devel] RE : Building Grisbi on Mac OS Lion?

Barrie Treloar baerrach at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 05:19:26 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Barrie Treloar <baerrach at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a section on Xcode 4 that I didn't see before starting.
> Something about adding
> export ARCHFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -arch i386"
>
> I'm not sure if that is necessary for grisbi?

I rebuild gtk with this just in case.

>> Cheers.
>> Got some more reading to do now.
>
> I understand make, but not jhbuild.
>
> Is there a step-by-step instructions somewhere to help out the clueless?

Looks like I don't need to separately install intltool and get text as
the grisbi.modules will pull that down and install it into
~/gtk/inst/bin.

So I followed the gtk instructions.
Downloaded grsibi.modules
Ran jhbuild -m ~/Downloads/grisbi.modules build
and then in the grisbi src directory ran ./autogen.sh
Then followed the INSTALL instructions.

I was able to run the /usr/local/bin/grisbi that got installed.

I know nothing about Macs, so if someone could share the instructions
for creating the *.dmg file or the proper Mac app layout for bundling
that would be great.

The good thing about running it in a console is that the error dialog
"grisbi quit unexpectedly"
prints out to the console
grisbi(19174,0x7fff73ecb960) malloc: *** error for object
0x7fe5bad3fae0: pointer being freed was not allocated
Abort trap: 6

So there is a chance I can work out what its doing.