[grisbi-devel] Visualization of data, or UI reports

Barrie Treloar baerrach at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 02:06:12 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 2:06 AM, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Firstly, thanks for creating grisbi.
>
> I would like to know if there exists any means to visualize data
> available in grisbi, or are there any development plans for report
> generation?

I'm using the old windows binaries, so I can only comment on them -
which don't have charting at all, only textual reports.

I use Eclipse BIRT http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/ to slice and
dice and graph.
I'm at work so I can't share any of that at the moment, but it's
mostly intuitive.
I've been able to do some cubes/aggregate groupings, "by year", "by
month" etc with only minimal futzing around.
Its also a bit rough around the edges since I haven't had enough
incentive to work on this properly.

Some of the problems you have is that Grisbi is an XML data source, so
the information you want is often contains in a parent node.
This just makes your life a bit more difficult that what you may be
used to (e.g. relational joins).