[grisbi-devel] Broken test suite?

Rémi Cardona remi2402 at free.fr
Fri Oct 22 01:29:08 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Just a quick heads-up to let you know that I've "fixed" the unit test
suite (aka "make check") which was somewhat broken these past couple of
weeks.

However, while the test suite *builds* fine, a lot of the test actually
fail. Here's the CUnit summary with the current code :

--Run Summary: Type      Total     Ran  Passed  Failed
               suites        3       3     n/a       0
               tests        10      10       2       8
               asserts     241     241     197      44
                                                    ^^

Not being exactly thrilled by the results, I went back in time to commit
9110f5b097 (the last one on master before the int64 branch merge) and
ran the test suite again:

--Run Summary: Type      Total     Ran  Passed  Failed
               suites        3       3     n/a       0
               tests        10      10      10       0
               asserts     241     241     241       0

Bottom line... well, I'm not sure. Is the gsb_real code broken? Is the
test suite outdated with the uint64 branch? I don't really know this
part of the code well enough to tell.

In the mean time, I strongly suggest we "downgrade" the version number
back to 0.7.x so that git users are not tricked into believing Grisbi's
current master branch is ready for prime-time.

Cheers,

Rémi