[grisbi-devel] ***SPAM*** eable to him than

Georgianna archfiend at egtenboer.nl
Thu Jan 14 14:01:54 CET 2010

Ragraph-maker of the time is made to say, "if we will write nothing but
truth, we must bring you no news; we are bound to bring you such as we
can find." Yet it was not lies but truth that the public wanted as much
as they do now. Hence arose the necessity of fortifying reports with
circumstantial evidence of their authenticity. Nobody rebuked
unprincipled news-writers more strongly than Defoe, and no news-writer
was half as copious in his guarantees for the accuracy of his
information. When a report reached England that the island of St.
Vincent had been blown into the air, Defoe wrote a description of the
calamity, the most astonishing thing that had happened in the world
"since the Creation, or at least since the destruction o