[grisbi-bugs] [Grisbi 0001287]: 0.8.0 Transaction amount always set to zero

Grisbi Bug Tracker bugtracker at grisbi.org
Tue Feb 22 00:36:10 CET 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.grisbi.org/bugsreports/view.php?id=1287
Reported By:                eirmag
Assigned To:
Project:                    Grisbi
Issue ID:                   1287
Category:                   Main
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2011-02-22 00:36 CET
Last Modified:              2011-02-22 00:36 CET
I git update yesterday to 0.8.0, and find out that each new transactions were
set to zero, no matter which file I use.

I've also try to modify scheduled operations and it was the same problem.

So today I investigated a bit to understand what went wrong, and I fall in file
src/gsb_form.c!gsb_form_take_datas_from_form(gint, gboolean) where in case of
TRANSACTION_DEBIT or TRANSACTION_CREDIT, the amount is always set to zero.

This is due to src/utils_editables.c!gsb_utils_edit_calculate_entry(GtkWidget)
which basically convert the string in real number. And if the string doesn't
start with '+' or '-' or '/' or '*', the number is not converted and 0 is
returned!

Now, I've tried to check when this function has been modified, but it seems to
be a long time ago. So I was wondering if internal mechanism previously preprend
'+' or '-' to the internal amount entered by the user.

In the meantime, I bypass this problem by entering manually "+20" in the amount
form, and I don't know what is the best way to correct error.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change