[grisbi-bugs] [Grisbi-0.6.0 0000744]: Scheduling Custom Dates

bugtracker at grisbi.org bugtracker at grisbi.org
Mon May 24 20:56:21 CEST 2010

The following issue has been CLOSED
http://grisbi.tuxfamily.org/mantis/view.php?id=744
Reported By:                twodogron
Assigned To:                pbiava
Project:                    Grisbi-0.6.0
Issue ID:                   744
Category:                   Main
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             11-21-2009 19:45 UTC
Last Modified:              05-24-2010 18:56 UTC
The "period" field is greyed out and I am unable to select a period when I
select "Custom"
If I first save the new entry and then edit it after saving it I can now
enter the period field (for example :- the number of days or weeks etc..)

 guneeyoufix - 11-24-09 21:40
I didn't really undertand the core of the problem. What exactly are you
trying to do?

Could you also specify which version of grisbi you are using?

Thanks

 JP Joubert - 11-25-09 08:37
It's true with Window Vista too : When Creating a scheduled transaction and
selected custom , unable to enter anything in the two next field limited
date ("Date limite") and period
in the first , when clicking , the calendar is shown , but when selecting
a date , nothing is entered in the field
The second is greyed and do not accepts any entry
Jean Pierre

 twodogron - 11-25-09 14:04
I have been using Grisbi for many years..............

I am now using Grisbi 0.6.0 Beta 3 (This was stated in my original Bug
Report 000744)

My Operating Sytem is Windows XP Professional SP3

The "Bug" is simple to understand, perhaps we have a language
problem..............

The "Bug" occurs ONLY when the user is attempting to create a "Scheduled
Transaction"...

Follow my Instructions and see if you can replicate it........

a) Select ANY entry in one of the Accounts Register and right click,
select "Convert Transaction to Scheduled Transaction"

b) Now in the "Scheduled Transaction" form, select "Custom" Period, now
select either "Days" or "Weeks".

c) If you select either of these periods the NUMBERS field is "Greyed Out"
(You cannot enter anything into this field now, i.e you CANNOT specify the
number of Days or Weeks you wish the Record to repeat itself if you have
first selected "Custom" Period)

d) NOW SAVE THE RECORD WHICH IS STILL INCOMPLETE AT THIS TIME (IT HAS NO
LENGTH OF PERIOD)...........

e) AFTER SAVING THE RECORD, NOW HIGHLIGHT AND SELECT THE SAME RECORD, NOW
RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT "EDIT"........

f) Once you RE-OPEN the Record to EDIT it, you can NOW enter the number of
DAYS or WEEKS......(The field is now accessible AND THE NUMBER OF DAYS OR
WEEKS CAN NOW BE ENTERED successfully...)

g) This is a BUG because you cannot enter these details when you first
CREATE the Scheduled Transaction, you have to CREATE, SAVE and then EDIT
the Record to be allowed to enter the field and specify how many DAYS or
WEEKS YOU WISH THE CUSTOMED SCHEDULED TRANSACTION TO REPEAT ITSELF IN THE
REGISTER....

Hopefully you can understand where I am coming from......
Remember, this is in Microsoft Windows XP...

Ron....

 JP Joubert - 11-25-09 13:56
I confirmed for Vista too
JP

 guneeyoufix - 11-25-09 17:35
I could easily reproduce the bug with the procedure you indicated.
With my version (current development version), the NUMBERS field as you
call it is editable. I assumed that when you wrote "greyed out", you meant
that the field was uneditable. This is why I asked for more detailed
information.

However, further testing showed that the value I can enter is displayed in
grey, and the grey label in the field doesn't go away as it should with
this type of field.

This is a bug, and therefore it will be looked into.

 pbiava - 12-13-09 07:40
fixed in CVS

Issue History
Date Modified   Username       Field                    Change
11-21-09 19:45  twodogron      New Issue
11-21-09 19:45  twodogron      OS                        => Windows
11-21-09 19:45  twodogron      Unstable Impact           => Yes
11-21-09 19:45  twodogron      Version OS                => XP Professional SP3
11-21-09 19:45  twodogron      Version GTK               => 2.16.6
11-24-09 21:40  guneeyoufix    Note Added: 0001348
11-24-09 21:40  guneeyoufix    Status                   new => feedback
11-24-09 21:42  guneeyoufix    Project                  Grisbi => Grisbi-0.6.0
11-25-09 08:37  JP Joubert     Note Added: 0001356
11-25-09 11:02  twodogron      Note Added: 0001358
11-25-09 13:56  JP Joubert     Note Added: 0001360
11-25-09 14:04  twodogron      Note Edited: 0001358
11-25-09 14:05  twodogron      Issue Monitored: twodogron
11-25-09 17:35  guneeyoufix    Plateforme                => Linux
11-25-09 17:35  guneeyoufix    Note Added: 0001362
11-25-09 17:35  guneeyoufix    Status                   feedback => confirmed
12-12-09 20:00  pbiava         Status                   confirmed => assigned
12-12-09 20:00  pbiava         Assigned To               => pbiava
12-13-09 07:40  pbiava         Status                   assigned => resolved
12-13-09 07:40  pbiava         Fixed in Version          => CVS (développement)
12-13-09 07:40  pbiava         Resolution               open => fixed
12-13-09 07:40  pbiava         Note Added: 0001452
05-24-10 18:56  pbiava         Status                   resolved => closed