[grisbi-bugs] [Grisbi-0.5.9-fixes 0000491]: Reconciliation problem with same amount repeated

bugtracker at grisbi.org bugtracker at grisbi.org
Sun Jan 31 07:45:17 CET 2010

The following issue has been CLOSED
http://grisbi.tuxfamily.org/mantis/view.php?id=491
Reported By:                fpierrat
Assigned To:
Project:                    Grisbi-0.5.9-fixes
Issue ID:                   491
Category:                   Main
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             02-24-2009 22:18 UTC
Last Modified:              01-31-2010 06:45 UTC
Hi,

Got folowing problem:
- had some operations twice on a very short time (one day and the
following day with same amount) on my internet banking account
- had entered this operation only once in Grisbi

- when importing QIF file from my bank to reconciliate with Grisbi -> it
didn't propose to auto-create the missing operation (probably 'cause it
thought it actually HAD found it, but it was the one from the previous
day)
SO i stood there in the impossibility to perform my reconciliation, and
nothing told me there was a missing operation -and I thought there could be
nothing missing or Grisby would have told me...

So maybe the algorithm looks like:
* for each value in the imported file, search it in Grisbi data
where it could (should?) look like
* for each value in the imported file, first check if duplicated value and
count occurrencies of this value. THEN search Grisbi data for the given
number of occurencies.

Except for such details, Grisbi is a very good program, I hope it'll
continue to get improved.

 pbiava - 03-11-09 19:04
Did you try to make at O the number of days around the date of the
transaction in the import tab in preferences

 pbiava - 01-31-10 06:45
This is a 0.5.9 bug, therefore, we won't fix it.
We are fully dedicating our efforts to the 0.6 version. The latest version
is the Release Candidate 2 available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/grisbi/files/ [^]

Please consider migrating to the 0.6 version, and be sure to keep a copy
of your 0.5.9 accounts file as the 0.6 version is not in its final state.

Issue History
Date Modified   Username       Field                    Change
02-24-09 22:18  fpierrat       New Issue
02-24-09 22:18  fpierrat       OS                        => Autre Linux
02-24-09 22:18  fpierrat       Unstable Impact           => No
02-24-09 22:18  fpierrat       Version OS                => Ubuntu Hardy
03-11-09 19:04  pbiava         Note Added: 0000806
06-09-09 19:51  MyKeul         Project                  Grisbi =>
Grisbi-0.5.9-fixes
01-31-10 06:45  pbiava         Status                   new => closed
01-31-10 06:45  pbiava         Note Added: 0001903